Tiger-crane style kung fu is a martial art that combines elements of the tiger style and the crane style to create a well-rounded and effective system for self-defense and physical conditioning. The tiger style is known for its powerful, explosive movements and its focus on strength and aggression, while the crane style is characterized by its graceful, fluid movements and its emphasis on balance and agility. By combining these two approaches, practitioners of tiger-crane style kung fu can develop a wide range of skills and abilities.
In tiger-crane style kung fu, students learn techniques that involve striking and grappling, as well as techniques for jumping, kicking, and throwing. They also learn qigong (breathing and movement exercises) to improve their physical and mental well-being. Training in tiger-crane style kung fu can help practitioners develop strength, flexibility, endurance, coordination, and focus. It is a physically demanding martial art that requires dedication and hard work, but it is also a rewarding and enriching pursuit that can improve overall physical and mental health.
Tiger-crane style kung fu is typically taught in martial arts studios, and it is often taught in a traditional, respectful manner. Students typically progress through a series of ranks or belts as they gain proficiency in the art, and they are encouraged to develop a strong sense of discipline and respect for their instructors and fellow students. Whether you are interested in self-defense, physical fitness, or personal growth, tiger-crane style kung fu offers something for everyone.
Top 10 reasons to start Tiger-Crane Kung Fu today:
1. Improved physical fitness: Kung fu training is a full-body workout that can help you build strength, improve your cardiovascular endurance, and increase your flexibility. These benefits can help you feel more energized, reduce your risk of injuries, and improve your overall physical health.
2. Stress relief: Kung fu training can be a great way to de-stress and clear your mind after a long day. The focus and discipline required in kung fu can help you let go of any negative thoughts or worries, and leave you feeling more relaxed and centered.
3. Self-defense: Kung fu can teach you practical self-defense skills that can help you feel more confident and secure in your everyday life. Whether you're walking home late at night, or facing a potentially dangerous situation, knowing that you have the skills to protect yourself can be incredibly empowering.
4. Discipline and focus: Kung fu training requires discipline and focus, which can be beneficial qualities to develop in other areas of your life. By setting goals for yourself and working towards them through consistent training, you can improve your ability to focus on tasks and achieve your goals more effectively.
5. Cultural appreciation: Kung fu is an important part of Chinese culture, and learning it can give you a deeper appreciation and understanding of this rich cultural heritage. Whether you're interested in the history of kung fu, or simply want to learn more about Chinese culture, kung fu training can be a great way to do so.
6. Confidence: Kung fu training can help boost your confidence and self-esteem, as you learn new skills and progress in your training. As you develop your physical and mental abilities, you may find that you feel more confident in your everyday life, and more capable of tackling new challenges.
7. Social connections: Kung fu training can be a great way to meet new people and make social connections, as you train with others who share your interest in the martial art. You may find that you develop strong bonds with your fellow kung fu students, and that training together becomes an enjoyable and supportive community activity.
8. Fun: Kung fu training can be a lot of fun, and is a great way to stay active and engaged while learning new skills. Whether you're practicing traditional forms, sparring with partners, or learning new techniques, kung fu training can provide a sense of accomplishment and enjoyment that can help you stay motivated and engaged.
9. Flexibility: Kung fu training can help improve your flexibility and body awareness, which can be beneficial for a range of physical activities. As you become more flexible, you may find that you feel more agile and graceful, and that you're able to perform a wider range of movements with greater ease.
10. Self-improvement: Kung fu training is a journey of self-improvement, as you work to develop your physical and mental skills and achieve your training goals. Whether you're seeking to improve your physical fitness, develop new skills, or simply become a more confident and centered person, kung fu training can provide a rewarding and satisfying path towards personal growth and development.
I've been enrolled in Master Gohring's kung fu program for just over a year, and I highly recommend this school. As a person who is not naturally very active, I was nervous about going so far out of my comfort zone, but the excellent instructors and staff at this school (and my fellow students!) have been incredibly supportive and welcoming.
The various forms and techniques are explained in depth as we learn them and we are shown real-world applications, not just expected to memorize a bunch of moves. The instructors are knowledgeable, involved, and passionate, and obviously want to make sure every student progresses at a pace that's best for them. It's very mentally engaging, which works better for me than just lifting weights at the gym.
I leave every class feeling like I've improved in some way. The experience has been transformative for me, try a few classes and maybe it will be for you too!
Been a student and achieved 1st Degree Black Sash. School is great, staff is really kind and supportive as you grow in your practice. It's a great community of folks integrating mind and body effectively. Highly recommended!
Had a good friend that took Kung fu here years ago. Now my whole family is taking the kung fu. I can not compliment them enough. Honestly, it’s more than just Kung Fu. Well worth the money. Great instructors and over all we couldn’t be happier.
My son and I take are both taking kung fu here and we love it. The instructors are super friendly and know how to work with kids. I get a great workout and I'm learning some amazing skills in the process.
Middle School Teacher
I have always wanted to get into a martial art, I just didn't know which one was right for me. When I walked into Master Gohring's Kung Fu school I knew that I was in the right place. The instructors are incredibly knowledgable and passionate about their practice. The curriculum is challenging and fun. The school believes in fostering the family as well as the individual and it's not unusual to see mothers and fathers practicing Kung Fu alongside their kids.
Master Gohring's Kung Fu school is a peaceful place that welcomes all levels of learners, all ages, and all backgrounds. If you want a martial art that can challenge your flexibility, your stamina, your balance, and your strength, Master Gohring's Kung Fu school is a great place to start.
Edge of Reality
I chose Master Gohring's because I believe it offers the most traditional martial arts experience in Austin. I scouted every school I could find before making my choice. Martial Arts and Kung Fu are not just about self-defense. Kung Fu is a whole body health and training system and a traditional martial art.
I like learning the moves and working to perfect them. I like doing the routines and am looking forward to learning them from beginning to end. I've always wanted to learn a Martial Art and had read about shaolin kung fu, re-sparking my interest, then I found your school, a great match. I enrolled to learn how to change my instinctive reactions from scared to defense/protection. I enrolled at Master Gohring’s because I liked the teaching style I observed, everyone there is nice and welcoming and the yin yang on the back of the shirts matches my tattoo, almost to the exact placement, it was kismet.
Global Account Manager
I'd taken Kung Fu in high school, I've always been interested in martial arts, especially the Chinese martial arts. I wasn't sure at first because I didn't know how the curriculum was set up.
My wife gave me a gift of the introdutory package. It's wonderful to be practicing again. I'm more focused and less stressed.
If you are interested in classes. I say, go for it. The school is staffed and run by dedicated, great people, and they want you to succeed.
The only reason I dont give 5 stars is the value proposition. When I look through the other schools in town, they all offer hour long classes 2-3 times per week for a comparable or lower monthly price. For what I'm currently paying, I'd like a full hour of instruction per class and Id love to get more 1 on 1 coaching within group classes. I often am assuming my form is okay simply because no one has told me otherwise.
In any case, thanks to you all for all the hard work you do. I do love the classes, and I see the hard work that goes into running the school.
I would say I am one of the older folks in the Kung Fu program. I thought I might be too old for kung fu but and in the beginning I did feel a little too old but it turns out with Master Gohring's instruction I have gotten in shape and done very well.
Train My Dogs Austin
I was interested in taking hung gar kung fu and my schedule had finally opened up. That paired with the starter package is why I decided to give it a shot. I was a little put off by the price at first. I was also concerned with sharing the class with children, thinking the class would be toned down. Boy was I wrong! I decided to join your school since it is only ten minutes away from my home! Also hung gar kung fu just clicks with me. I really enjoy the movements and I get a good satisfying work out from it. I've felt healthier both physically and mentally. For new people to the school. Do the introductory special. After meeting Instructor Durkin I was sold.
Cashier at HEB
I was first interested in taking martial arts because of my uncle. He inspired me through displine and his success in life. I was unsure if I had the commitment that I understood was necessary for becoming great at Kung Fu. After a year or so I know now that I'm am no longer unsure about commitment when practicing martial arts. I joined this "karate dojo" because of it's history. Everyday since the first day I have learned something new about the school. It's inspiring and joyful enraptured me. A great benefit I've acquired from the school is virtue. Joining the school is a grand experience. For its tranquil Tai chi program and intense Kung fu sets.
I was interested in the classes because of my history with Martial Arts and all the benefits practicing Kung Fu gives me in life. I was a little concerned about the level of difficulty of some the moves that I would be learning. I'm still working on my flexibility and balance but I know physically that I can do the more difficult moves, with practice. I like this school because It's very traditional in the teaching methods. Also, the staff is very friendly. As of right now, it has been the physical benefit that I have noticed the most. If I was asked I would say that this is a great school of Kung Fu for anybody to come in and learn from experienced instructors. I would highly recommend it.
I have past experience in Kung Fu, enjoy the somewhat spiritual component of the art and needed a way to in shape. At first I wasn't sure If I could stick to it. I still miss a few classes due to other committments but never due to laziness. I go even if I'm tired and know that I'll just try my best. The children's program attracted us to bring my son in and I saw this was a good school so I signed up too. My back doesn't hurt as much and I"m in better physical condition overall. If you are thinking of trying it I say go ahead and try it! The instructor's are very experienced and professional.
Add your review:Here