Three party options down below (Basic, Deluxe, X-Treme) and three Saturday time slots to choose from (10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm).
You bring the birthday cake and send the invitations. (Cake should be suitable for cutting in half with a samurai sword). We handle everything else: Online activity waiver, party set-up, sizzle time game, the 30-inch pizza, juice boxes, real kung fu class, thunder paper, the board breaking for birthday child, the cake cutting ceremony with "real" samurai sword, the coffee from Kick Butt Café (for X-treme option), goodie bags (simple toys, no candy in them) and the party clean-up. :-)
Efficient for parents, fun for kids. Party starts on time and then ends 75 minutes later. Parents should stay, from start to finish, because all parents get to participate, with their child, in the kung fu class. All party participants should arrive no later than 15 minutes before the start time. Birthday childs' family should arrive 30 minutes early to set up any extra food, snacks, drinks or decorations you want to bring. Plenty of parking right out front.
Book at least 3 weeks in advance as preferred times & days go FAST!
Note: All party participants must be 4 years old or older unless the party is for a child turning 4. This is because 3 year olds and younger risk getting knocked over by older kids during the activities.
We had a great time at our friends 5th birthday! It was a very welcoming environment, and the children enjoyed the activities. Would recommend for your child's birthday!
Amy Starling Rampy
The kids (ages 8 and 5) had a fantastic time for their friend's 5th birthday. The lessons about respect and self-awareness were an added bonus.
EVERY child (and parent) at this party was beaming from start to finish! From the pre-party games,, to the amazing ninja games, to the king fu mini class, to the board-breaking and samurai-sword cake-slicing, each aspect of this party was top-notch and a ton of fun.
As promised, every detail was attended to - I seriously only brought the cake!
If you want an unforgettable party that requires precious little planning on your part (just the invitations and the cake), you need look no further.
Thanks, Master Gohring, for the amazing party!!
My son had an engaging time at his friend's birthday party at Master Gohrings. Of note was the respect and adaptability that Master Gohring showed with the kids - from the initial ninja, ninja, turtle game to the board breaking at the end - the kids had a structured environment where they were able to make choices and feel empowered. They were active for 2 solid hours and developed a few new skills along the way. We would certainly come back and intend to start lessons!
We just attended a friends Birthday Party here and it was great, our daughter loved it and all the parents enjoyed watching and playing along.
My nine yr old twins were invited to a birthday party at Master Gohring’s Tai Chi & Kung Fu studio. I can honestly say, it was the best birthday we’ve been to. The schedule is precise and flows nicely. The kids learned a specific strike, as well as a block. They used the strike to break a board (or boards). It was fun, it was educational, we all laughed a lot. It’s not like the parties where you book a venue and you’re on your own for most of the time. You are very well tended to and treated like guests. It’s a 5 star place undoubtedly.
my kids had a great time playing games and learning at the same time. lots of thought and detail was giving to every aspect of the party
Our daughter Nadia attended a friends party here on Saturday. I must admit, when she learned she would be doing Kung fu, her initial response was fear of getting hurt. I encouraged her to listen closely to the rules and to only do things she feels capable of. Well, by the time the party ended, she was so involved and excited that she forgot all about her “fear” and was the first to volunteer to chop through a wooden block. She nailed it!! I am so proud and so excited to be joining master Gohring’s family. She will have her first official class on Wed. A phenomenal place!!
She’d never done Kung Fu before and I showed her your birthday promo. She was very excited about the “karate chop” on the board and cutting cake with the sword. She was excited and happy the whole time because she was able to play, boost her confidence with new skills.
I’m pretty sure her favorite things were the cake, having all her friends around, using the giant sword “for 5 year olds”, and the board breaking. She mentioned her knuckles hurt after breaking board but seemed ok with that. Florence, Adelaides baby sister was also mesmerized by the sword so I think she’s already planning her future party!
I liked that the event was well organized. Kids were entertained and didn’t get a chance to loose interest in an activity as party kept a good pace. Parents all appreciated the coffee. I liked that I had some time to chat with parents while kids played/ had the lesson and that later parents participated with the kids in the class. Great idea to go from board breaking to cake. Good segway.
Instructor Richey took care of everything - (but the cake), invites, decorations, party favors, planning activities, cleaning up! The kids had fun, were entertained, and we had the chance to visit with our friends whose kids were attending my son's birthday party. It's a no brainer.
It was so much better than I anticipated. I avoided having to throw a birthday party for 8 years. This year, she begged with puppy eyes. She chose her Kung Fu school as the spot. The school sets up everything including invites, decorations, ordering pizza, providing juice boxes, coffee for the parents, goody bags and activities. There were organized activities that kept the kids busy and active the entire time. They enjoyed some so much they changed "One more time! One more time!". The parents even got to be involved - the kids got to practice punches towards their parents holding a target, and then the parents got to throw the punches while the kids practiced a block. At the end, the comment I heard over and over again was it was the best party they had ever attended - and at this age, we've all been to A LOT.
We had our five-year old daughter's birthday party there and it was perfect. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the experience (tons of laughing & running), they exercised and got to try something new. The staff was excellent with the kids and Instructor Richey did an excellent job leading the class and interacting with the kids. Two big thumbs up!
Stephanie J. Baker
The kids had a great time, but more importantly, they teach children about manners, respect, and good judgement. I was impressed with their ability to keep 20 little 5 years olds engaged in this mature content. Nice!
1. Get ready to have an AWESOME FUN PARTY!
2. A deposit of $100 is needed to secure your preferred date and time. Cancellation of the birthday party must be done at least 14 days in advance to have your deposit refunded. No fee to reschedule due to illness.
3. You should email invitations 2-3 weeks ahead of the party. Be sure to invite me (firstname.lastname@example.org) as an added precaution to confirm all the dates and times are correct.
4. An online Activity Waiver link is: https://mastergohring.com/activitywaiver.htm. The online Activity Waiver must be filled out by the parent or guardian for each child who will participate at the party. Include this link when you send your invitations. Please also have aunt, uncles, grandparents fill out the waiver form for themselves so that they are available to pair with your child or other children during the kung fu class portion of the party.
5. There is a $50 charge to opt out of doing online Activity Waivers. This is because it can add an additional 15-30 minutes and an additional staff member in order to fill out and/or collect and verify the forms in person.
6. There is an additional $50-$100 fee and possible shortening of the party duration if we do not have most of the waivers completed before the Saturday of the party. (Why? See #5)
7. Typically we receive most of the online waivers many days (and sometimes weeks) before the party. If we haven't received any online activity waivers by the Wednesday before your party then your party will be cancelled... Door locked, no one to greet you, seriously.
8. The party is 75 minutes.
9. Birthday child’s family may arrive up to 30 minutes early to set up extra decorations and/or extra food and drinks.
10. To keep your party running efficiently we must start your party on time.
11. Please be aware that another child's birthday party may be finishing as you arrive and another arriving as you leave.
12. Please inform your guests to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled start time.
13. At least one parent of each child attending must be present as parents will participate in the martial arts class portion of the party with their children.
14. The staff of Master Gohring's Tai Chi & Kung Fu school will show the kids where personal items go. To ensure a clean learning environment please keep all personal items (shoes, socks, toys.) in the designated area at all times. We are not responsible for missing or lost items.
15. Presents for the birthday child can be set in a special area and the staff will be happy to help you load them in your car at the end of the party.
16. The 30-inch pizza is either cheese or pepperoni or half and half. No substitutions. Typically if the birthday child has dietary restrictions, parents will bring an additional small pizza or other item for their child.
17. Your Party staff will graciously accept tips for service of a job well done.
In Addition to Your Current Party Package, the following items are available as add-on amenities to your Child’s Party Package: