Kick Butt Coffee
5775 Airport Blvd. Austin, Texas 78752
IMPORTANT: ALL candidates MUST attend graduation in order to be certified. If you cannot attend graduation, you are not eligible to graduate. (Do not start procedure!!!) If you can attend graduation then CLICK HERE and fill out the form. Important information is at the bottom of this page.
Lela Day Harper
Blue Black Sash
Purple Black Sash
Ariel Hernandez (must know Tiger-Crane 108)
Kerry Kittrell (must know Yang 108)
Kristina Smith (must know Tiger-Crane 108)
Brown Black Sash
"3-things" Testimonial Letter
Write a Testimonial Letter describing what you have noticed since your last sash and what you see for your future in your training including:
3 areas that you have improved on since you started our program,
3 areas that you would like to make improvements on,
3 actions that you need to take to create improvements in these areas.
You can e-mail or deliver in person.
Graduate Qualified Black Sashes (read this completely)
Our objective as committed instructors is to graduate qualified Black Sashes. This begins when you take that first step and earn your white sash and continues all the way to Black Sash and beyond. Here are a few important things to keep in mind when advancing to your next level:
1. We only recommend you if we know you will pass. We see you in class. We know how you are progressing.
2. The pre-test is on Monday or Tuesday during class. The test is on Wednesday or Thursday during class. The graduation is normally on Friday evening at the school.
3. The pre-test and test provide you with valuable feedback and help us as instructors formally check on your progress.
4. The test fee covers 6 things: your pre-test, your test, your graduation event, your framed diploma, your sash and your photo with Grandmaster Gohring.
5. Paperwork for testing includes: the recommendation form completely filled out, the “3-things” testimonial, the parent and teacher approval form (for children), the leadership sheet (for blue sash and higher) and the test/graduation fee.
6. The “3-things” testimonial is very valuable to us as instructors. It helps us tune in to where you see yourself in your training. It helps us help you.
7. Paperwork is almost always due the Friday before the week of testing.
8. The schedule for the whole year’s graduations is at the top of the Candidates for Graduation link page we email before every graduation. Plan ahead.
9. If you or other important family or friends are not getting emails from the school, let us know so you can stay informed.
10. There is no fee for spectators at the regular graduation that happens at the school. Please feel free to invite all your friends and family to share and support your progress.
11. Parking at the school is scarce on graduations. If you can, please park across the side street (Huntland Dr.) behind the gas station to save room for newcomers and their friends and families.
12. Your Black Sash Attitude: courtesy, respect and discipline are considered for each recommendation. Why earn a Black Sash if you don’t also become a better person?
Master Gohring's Tai Chi & Kung Fu, 6611 Airport Blvd., Austin, TX 78752 • 512-879-7553